Beautiful Abominations Chapter 1

Beginning of the end 

Running, we all are, inevitably, to or from something. Most run towards money. Some run towards passion, some hopeless ones run towards love. But all of them have one thing in common, they all run away from death. They know once death approaches them, their story is over. Me on the other hand, I never knew that running towards death is what would get my story started. 

"Okay there is nothing to panic about , new school new life new me", I muttered to myself tapping the front of the car deck. "Sure Jake, isn't that what you said last year too" asked Liya as she flawlessly applied her dark black lipstick and walked out of the car. "Are you coming or what?", she asked. I always admired her confidence and was borderline envious of the fact that she was the perfect twin and I was the quite one.
I parked the car and walked out, immediately putting on my black hoody as my first line of defense against human interaction. I saw my twin sister walking in her six inch stilettos and bringing all the attention towards her. In no time all the students of Witelore High had their heads turned towards her and I managed to avoid the spotlight and silently walked towards my homeroom.
"And you must be Jake Park, I'm Amanda and welcome to Witelore High", said the lady in eighty's cheek clothes. I took a breaf look of the room and dragged myself trough the class and sat at the seat right next to the window. Every minute of the class seemed like a millennium and all I did was look out of the room, sometimes unintentionally closing my eyes only to be haunted by the ghost of my past and a burning sensation all over my body. The bell goes off and I walked out of the class to find out my sister had already made many friends.
"Jake come and join us. This is Seth, Stacy and Anna", she points to her group which she made within a span of few hours. "Damn, she is good with her social skills", I spoke to myself. We walked to the canteen and sat together. "OMG, you guys really don't look like twins " said Stacy holding both of our faces in her hands. "You don't say", said Seth looking at Liya with a slight smirk. Liya responded with her so called "I'm not into you but I'll pretend that I'm falling for you so as to crush your male ego" look. We sat there talking about our hobbies and that's when I heard the footsteps. As I heard them closing in, I could hear nothing else, they were sharp, so sharp as though my ears were waiting someone like that to walk towards me all my life. I couldn't help but turn to see the source and saw two kids walking towards the canteen. A boy and a girl of same age walk by. "Forget it, they don't date anyone. Plus their dad is like super powerful or something " said Anna as she notices how flushed I was when they walked by. "Dating and I were never on the same plane Anna" I said putting my hoody on. She replied with a smile. Rest of the day went by like every other clichĂ© first day. 
I went to the library searching for a book to read. I always found myself comfortable around them. As I walked past the aisle I saw the mystery girl that I saw in the canteen and I instantly froze. She looked at me, smiled and walked towards me. "Having trouble finding the right one huh? " she asked. Her voice had the perfect balance of sultry and luxury. "Yeah, the books here seem pretty old and the authors, I haven't even heard of half of them" I said as a trail of sweat trickles down my head. "And that is why it is perfect to spend as much time as you can here, isn't it? ", she narrows her eyes directly at mine. As far as I remember they were blueish grey and for a moment I saw them change their color to hazel and back. "Yeah sure", I replied almost feeling as though it was not what I wanted to say but what she wanted to hear. Suddenly I felt an acute pain in my head and eyes dilated to what seemed like a vision of sorts, I was standing holding her and the mysterious boy's hand in a shrine as people cussed at us and lit us on fire, I could feel my flesh burn and the pain snapped me out of the vision. She took her eyes off me and I felt as though I had regained control of my senses. I walked past her. "Sia, it's what they call me. Sia Benoist. Its finally great to meet you. See you around Jake Park", she said as I went to the next aisle. Wait what? How did she know my name? What was that vision all about? Who was  she? Who was the boy? I turned to ask her but as I did I saw the aisle to be empty, just a gust of wind passed by flapping the pages of some old books. Where did she go?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Abominations Chapter 2