Beautiful Abominations Chapter 2

The brother

I turned, puzzled and confused. Her eyes, her voice, her entirety, made me feel nostalgic, the only problem was that I had never ever met Sia in my life. As I walked towards the exit of the library I heard a voice calling out my name, "Oh if it isn't Mr Park himself" said the old woman walking towards me. She walked with a strange wooden cane, it was old, white oak perhaps with yet another strange amber jeweled on the top. "How is it that everybody knows me here?" I asked her. She smiled and said, "Oh little peanut,I do not know about others but your grandma and I were the best of friends and also I raised your mother like my own. She, on the other hand, left me for your stupid father, but that's a story for another day. You tell me, what do you read?" I looked at her and replied " I am so sorry, mum never spoke of you, she doesn't talk much about dad too. Anyway I'm not feeling alright. I guess the student librarian conversation is for another day huh". She smiled and said, "Go outside, have fun, peanut ". Her voice was very calming, genuine and tranquil and I knew that point onwards that if not anyone in Witelore High, I had her to talk to.

I came out of the library and walked towards the outdoor grounds to get some fresh air."Hey you! The new guy with the hoody, do you have a minute?" asked a short lady with spectacles on, running towards me with a bag almost as large as her. "I am Annabeth, and I'd like to interview you for the fresh faces page and you'd be featured in the school magazine, you down? ", she sped through with her words almost as if she had been asking this to many new faces and getting rejected all the time. "I'm not much of a speaker, and a big fan of small talks. Umm, why don't you go and interview my sister, she'd be more than happy to help you with this." I said pulling my hoody more toward my face. "Yeah sure that'll work too , but I want to do something different, something not cliché. Taking interview of a new, hot popular girl isn't what I'm going for. Silent mysterious boy with a hoody, now that's something what people would want to read about. So please, can you do this for me?" she said with her little puppy face."Ughh, why do girls do that, especially to an innocent gullible guy like me? " I muttered to myself. "And what do I get from all of this, apart from the unnecessary attention that I'm not keen about? " I asked. She replied "What do you mean?" I narrowed my eyes at her, "This isn't a favor, it's a transaction. I'll do as you ask, but I need something in return". She blushed and put her hair behind her ears and asked "And what exactly do you want?". I put my hoody down and asked, "I need to know about Sia Benoist". She raised her eyebrows almost betrayed but said, "Alright, deal. Let's go to the indoor basket ball court, we can just sit there and I can ask you about the magzine and stuff, cool? " I nodded and we walked to the court and sat down on the spectator seats. 

The school basket ball team was practicing there and they seemed pretty good too. My anxiety kicked in and I diverted my mind to Annabeth. 
"Like what you see? They do have their charm you know. Some of us try to talk to them, but they are busy flirting and making out their way through the cheerleading squad." said Annabeth with despice on her face. "Nevermind Annabeth, jocks are jerks right? Let's start with this interview thing, ask away". We had our little conversation about my hobbies and previous school experiences and stuff. Suddenly I heard "Yo kid, watch out! " said a player as the basket ball stormed towards my face. Within a heartbeat, a guy rushed to my side and deflected the ball to the other side of the court. The ball flew away to the other side and the boy seemed unphased by it as though he did not even apply any force. It was him, the guy who walked in with Sia back in the canteen, but he looked more lively now almost like a totally different person. "Watch it Scott! You almost hit the new guy",he said as he stretched. His muscles were way more defined than any other guy I had ever seen. It was as though it were chiseled to perfection. I looked away but he had caught me noticing him and he smiled and sat right next to me. My heart started racing. "So what's up new guy? Jake, right? ", he said as he kept his hand on my shoulders. He had a firm grip,way too firm for that matter. I nodded. Annabeth seemed repelled by him and she said "Go show off somewhere else Zian, your charm's not going to work here". He smiled extented his hand and played with Annabeth's hair and said "Oh Anna bear, but it already did", he looked at me and gave a smirk. I responded with a nervous smile and put my hoody back on. "Nice candidate for the magazine, it's different, not going for the obvious hot girls this year huh"."Disappointed now, are we, Mr Hotshot? "she asked as she rolled her eyes over. At that moment he came as close he could get to the both of us and laughed at our faces and started walking away."She is right, what a jerk! " I muttered to myself. As he walked to the court, he stopped and turned. He ran towards us, this time his face was very close to my ears and I could feel his warmth breath, "On the contrary, I like it", he said, as he pulled me and put hands on my shoulder. "I'm going to give him the campus tour, do your interview thing later".She pulled my other hand towards her too and suddenly I felt like I was in a match of tug of war. "Do your campus tour later. And even if Jake wants a campus tour he can ask me, right? " she looked at me with her eyes screaming for affirmation. I kept quite and dug my face deep into the hoody. They started quarreling and everybody started looking at the three of us and I couldn't stand it. I snapped my hands back from them both and walked out of the place without uttering a word. Zian ran out of court, towards me, "Jake, I'm sorry for what happened back there. I just wanted you to know that I'm not a jerk like you think I'm". I turned back to look at him, standing there alone in the hallway and I couldn't help it, I walked towards him,"It's alright Zian. I just hate violence".He looked at me and his face changed from a charismatic jock to something more warm and soft. "You hate violence huh. Noted. I won't cause any trouble in your proximity. Can I still give you a campus tour?". "What's with this campus tour?It's almost sundown anyway" I asked. He walked towards me and said "Hmm yeah, it's sunset alright, but I can still show you couple of places which seem fitting for this situation. Care to come?" I was boggled by his persistence and I finally gave in,"Alright, alright. Lead the way, Mr Witelore High Campus Tour guide". 
He smiled as I walked towards his direction. He spoke to me about his addiction to anime and I could resonate with him on that and we laughed around campus talking about our favorite characters and possible outcomes of shows we were watching. And in the end there we stood on the terrace of Witelore High watching the sunset. He seemed so nice, so warm. I thought that the first day of Witelore High school would be very very normal but it turned out to be quite the day which I never wanted to end. Zian looked at me, his eyes also being blueish grey. I felt like I'm going to loose myself in them. He closed the distance between us. He removed my hoody and said, "You look much better that way" and he put his hand on my shoulders. I could feel a chill down my spine but I couldn't stop him, I did not want him to stop. And there it was, his eyes changed to hazel too, like Sia's and I started to feel the weight of his hand on my shoulders. It had started to feel very heavy and uncomfortable. His hands dug deep into my shoulders. "Umm Zian, would you like, calm down a bit, you are hurting me" I said as I put my hand on his face. It was warm, inhumanly warm as if it were burning. He had put his face down and he didn't reply. I could feel my shoulder almost dislocating and I shouted at him, "Stop it Zian, it's hurting! " What happened next made my heart stop for a moment. His body was emitting heat and he looked at me,his eyes completely black with blood red pupils and growled. 
"Calm down brother, you don't want to hurt him! " said Sia. She stood at the edge of the building and ran towards us. She came to us within a flash, I couldn't see her move ,she was so fast. She put her hand on Zian's head to calm him down but he held her neck with his other hand and threw her away. His face came closer to mine and this time I could fill my bones cracking. I shouted out loud in pain. 

"That's enough!" said another guy lurking in the shadows. As soon as Zian heard his voice, he regained consciousness and sprung back ten feet away from me.
"I did it again, didn't I Sia?" asked Zian as his face turned back mundane. "Yeah, you did big brother. That to too Jake" as she assessed the situation. "I'm so sorry, I really am", said Zian to the shadowed figure. He looked at me with regret in his eyes. He started to walk towards me, but then he stoped and ran in the opposite direction and leaped off the terrace and I could see him touch down the ground without a scratch and run away into nothingness. I couldn't process what I saw and looked at Sia. She ran towards me and put her hand on my shoulder. "He really did a number on Jake, it's your call now. What do you want to do?" she asked the guy standing in the dark. "Leave us. " said the man and Sia turned to me and tapped my chest and bolted into invisibility.
"Who are you? What's happening here? What is Sia and Zian? Why do all of you sound so familiar?" I shouted to the man in dark.
"Sia is my little sister" said the man in dark as he walked towards me in the dying sunlight of the day. I looked at him through the light of dusk and I was dumbstruck. "And I'm sorry for what Zian did, I really am. I'm Sam Benoist, Zian's twin brother" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Abominations Chapter 1